Lunges are a great way to work your glutes and hamstrings. (Aka… work that booty!) Step out with your right leg into the position below. Then repeat with your left leg.
- Chest up, don’t lean forward
- Your front knee should be at a 90 degree angle and not in front of your toes
- Your back knee is also bent and slightly wider than a 90 degree angle
- Keep feet shoulder width apart while stepping into your lunge
Try these two variations:
- Walking lunge: step out with your right foot into a lunge, then bring your left foot up to meet your right foot in a standing position. Repeat with your left leg. Kind of like you’re taking very long step (with great lunge form, of course!)
- Reverse lunge: Instead of stepping forward into a lunge, step backward. Remember to keep your weight on your front leg.
Put it all together. Learn how to do a plank, then try this:
20 walking lunges, alternating between each leg
30 second plank
20 reverse lunges, alternating between each leg
Plank with leg lift: begin in a plank position, lift your right leg for 15 seconds. Then repeat on the left.